Terms of service
1. All cars must be in running condition. An inoperable car will not be shipped. It will be stored at the port until owner is able to get it running, during which time it will incur storage charges.
2. All cars must be completely empty(except factory installed equipment), contain no more than 1/4 tank of gas, and all keys must accompany the vehicle.
3. We need a Hawaiian contact(including name, address, and phone number) in order to ship vehicle. Contact will be notified when the car arrives in Hawaii.
4. There are no reservations available. It is a «first come-first served» policy at the port. Actual car shipping time from California to Hawaii is approximately one week. During the summer months, delays of one to three weeks may occur.
5. When your vehicle is loaded on a vessel, a «notice of arrival» is mailed to the consignee’s address. It will indicate when the automobile will be available for pick-up.
6. Your car is covered by insurance of $1000 per 40 cubic feet (approximately $10,000) while on the ship. You may purchase additional marine insurance by contacting a private insurance agency.
7. Your car is shipped below deck(not containerized) on a roll on/roll off auto liner. Your car is not exposed to the elements.
8. If you are shipping from Hawaii to the mainland, the State of Hawaii requires proof of ownership when the vehicle is delivered to the port. Thus, you must bring with the vehicle a certificate of ownership and a current certificate of registration. If someone other than the registered owner is shipping the automobile, they must have a letter of authorization from the registered owner and a current certificate of registration. Lastly, if there is a lienholder named on the registration, a letter from the lienholder authorizing shipment from Hawaii is required.
9. Full payment must be made in advance of shipment.
Vehicles with cracked or damaged windshields or windows cannot be shipped to or from Hawaii..
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AND SUGGESTIONS SHOULD BE HELPFUL IN MAKING YOUR AUTO TRANSPORT TROUBLE-FREE.
1. Try to give at least 1 week advance notice for pickup. (The more notice we have the easier it will be to schedule a spot for your vehicle.)
2. Try to give us at least a 3 day window to pick up your vehicle. (This means that your vehicle should be available for a 3 day time period.) It doesn’t mean that you have to stay home for 3 days. THIS WINDOW IS NOT GUARANTEED. Please have an alternate person to release you vehicle should there be a delay. You will be notified ahead of time by the driver or dispatcher as to which day. If you need the vehicle until right before you leave, we suggest you leave it with a neighbor, friend or relative in the area, to be picked up after you leave.
3. Unfortunately, as with every form of transportation, we have to deal with various uncontrollable situations (such as bad weather, breakdowns, traffic, sickness, etc.) which affects the pickup window and delivery estimates. However, we try to keep on schedule whenever possible. We suggest that you have an alternate person to release or receive your vehicle should this occur.
4. If for any reason we are unable to schedule your vehicle, any monies that we have received are fully refundable. However, we will continue to schedule it until we are advised otherwise.
5. If your vehicle cannot deliver until a certain date, this must be indicated on the order or there will be additional fees if we have to reschedule it.
6. We try to schedule all vehicles within 7 days, but unfortunately can not guarantee any specific time frame.
7. We highly recommend that you pay the deposit only when you place your order and pay the balance on delivery. Most transporters prefer C.O.D. and it will save you money!
CONTRACT TERMS AND CONDITIONS (Industry Standards)
Owner or owner’s agent, who shall be referred to herein as “Shipper»?, warrants that he/she is the registered legal owner of the vehicle, or has been duly authorized by the legal owner to enter into this agreement.
1. The vehicle(s) will be transported by one of our trucking affiliates, who shall be referred to herein as “Carrier». Shipper agrees to allow AllstateTransport to act as it’s agent in dealing with the Carrier, and to exercise its efforts on the Shippers behalf in placing the order with the Carrier they deem fit. Said Carrier will route vehicle(s)from origin to destination by a suitable route and does not agree to any specific routing. The Carrier is authorized by Shipper to operate and transport Shipper’s motor vehicle(s) between its pick-up location and the destination set forth on the shipping order bill of lading.
2. Shipper designates persons listed at pick-up or destination on the “Shipping Order» as the appointed agents for the purpose of delivering to or accepting from Allstate Transport the owner’s vehicle(s). All claims must be noted and signed for at time of delivery, regardless of time of day or dirty condition of vehicle(s), and submitted in writing to “Carrier» within 10 days. Allstate Transport will furnish owners with name and phone number of the Carrier used for transport.
3. In the event there are any problems regarding truck pick-up or delivery, all outstanding freight charges must be paid without deductions at delivery. The shipper agrees to properly note any damage claimed while the driver is making the delivery and to pay the balance of the delivery charges in cash or certified funds. (Bank Check or Postal Money Order). Shipper warrants that he will pay all tariffs due to Allstate Transport for delivered vehicles, and will not seek to charge back credit card or stop a check to offset any dispute for damage claims or services rendered. Federal Highway Authority regulations require that all tariffs be paid in full before a claim can be processed.
4. Pick-up and delivery is from and to your door unless residential area restrictions apply, such as weight restriction, overhanging trees, steep hills, cul-de-sacs, etc. (In most cases the driver will meet at a shopping center or open area close to your neighborhood). Allstate Transport agrees to provide a Carrier to pick-up and deliver your vehicle(s) as promptly as possible in accordance with your instructions but cannot guarantee pick up windows or delivery on specific dates.
5. Allstate Transport shall use its best efforts to arrange to have the vehicle(s) picked up within the scheduled window. Although we are able to provide an estimated delivery date, the Carrier cannot guarantee a delivery date. Shipper understands that the Carrier is subject to delays beyond it’s control, due to weather, road condition, mechanical breakdowns or repairs to tractor/trailer equipment, supply and demand of trucks and drivers, etc. in regard to pick-up windows and delivery. Neither the Carrier or Allstate Transport is responsible for car rentals.
6. If your vehicle(s) is inoperable or oversized or customized (dual wheels, raised, lowered, racks, extended cabs or beds, 4×4, etc),please inquire as to extra charges. If the Carrier is not advised of inoperable, oversized or customized vehicles prior to pick-up, all extra charges will be added to COD charges at time of delivery, or a rescheduling fee may be assessed if the carrier is unable to handle the vehicle. An additional fee of up to $300 will be added for inoperative or oversize vehicles.
7. Should delivery be attempted after proper notification (3 to 24 hours voice notification to phone numbers supplied by the Shipper) and the Shipper does not have proper funds or is unavailable to receive delivery, vehicle(s) will be taken to and left at a terminal, where the Shipper is responsible and will have to retrieve, pay for storage or redelivery fees.
8. Luggage and personal property must be confined to the trunk and must not exceed 50 lbs. Carrier is not liable for damage caused to vehicle(s) from excessive or improper loading of personal items. Carrier is not licensed to carry household goods or personal items and will not be responsible for loss or damage to personal belongings, including, without limitation, any personal property which is not factory installed, that are not a part of the vehicle. Any cost, damages, sit time, or citations issued to Carrier due to or caused by excess weight of vehicle(s) or personal items in vehicle(s) will be the sole responsibility of the Shipper.
9. The following items are not to be in the vehicle(s) at time of shipment: Explosives, guns, ammunition, flammable products, narcotics, negotiable and legal papers, alcoholic beverages, jewelry, furs, money, or other articles of unusual value, live pets, plants or contraband.
10. The Carrier actually transporting the vehicle(s)maintains cargo and liability insurance and shall be liable for any and all damage claims arising from the transport. The Shipper agrees to file all claims with such Carrier as identified on the bill of lading/delivery receipt and to bring any legal action for damages against such carrier only. The Shipper agrees to release and hold harmless Allstate Transport form any such claims. All Carriers hired for transport have insurance on file with Allstate Transport , which is available to Shipper upon request. Allstate Transport will furnish Shipper with name and phone number of Carrier used for transport and will assist Shipper in providing any other necessary information, should a claim arise.
11. Any legal action against Allstate Transport must be filed in Pinellas County in the state of Florida. By executing this agreement, Shipper waives any and all rights to litigate elsewhere. The prevailing party in any litigation initiated under this agreement shall be entitled to reasonable attorney’s fees and court costs incurred.
12. The $150 deposit for your transport is fully refundable until your vehicle has been scheduled on a Carrier. Cancellation of order must be in writing by e-mail or fax. Should this order be cancelled for any reason after possession has been taken, either by the truck driver or terminal, then the full fee for service will be due and payable.
13. Shipper understands that the vehicle(s) is also subject to the terms, condition and tariffs of the Carrier used for shipment. (Copies are available at the office of the Carrier).
14. If a Carrier has be scheduled to acquire the vehicle(s) and it is not there, is unavailable, has been moved or cannot be picked up for any other reason, the Shipper agrees to an additional $100 rescheduling fee that will be added to your transport order.
15. If your vehicle cannot deliver until a certain date, it must be noted on the Shipping order or a rescheduling fee ($100) will be charged if the vehicle has already been scheduled.
16. The Carrier will only be responsible for damage directly caused by the truck or driver.
17. The Carrier will not be responsible for damage caused by leaking fluids, battery acids, cooling system antifreeze, rock chips, acts of God, vandalism, damage caused by freezing of cooling system and/or batteries, mechanical functions (including alarms), alignment, suspension, exhaust assembly, antennas that do not retract to within three inches of vehicle body, windshields that crack due to previous existing chips or extreme changes in weather conditions, convertible tops that are loose, torn, or have visible wear, vehicle caps, masks, bras or any other type of canvas material covering.
18. The Carrier will not be responsible to any vehicle that cannot be driven on or off the transporter under its own power, or has no brakes or parking gear.
19. Shipper is responsible for preparing vehicle for shipment. Articles left in vehicle (unless factory installed), all loose parts, fragile or protruding accessories, low hanging spoilers, hub caps, antennas, etc. must be removed and/or properly secured. Any part of vehicle that falls off in transit is Shipper’s responsibility, including damages to any and all vehicles involved caused by said part or fluid.
20. Auto rental accruals will not be honored.
21. Signing the bill of lading at destination without notification of damage shall be evidence of satisfactory delivery of vehicle.
22. The Shipper agrees to authorize Allstate Transport to charge their credit card for all charges and fees pursuant to the Terms and Conditions that are not collected at the time of delivery. Vehicles transported and covered by this agreement serve as collateral with a security interest position if favor of Allstate Transport until all charges are paid and all monies cleared.
23. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who violates any of the terms and conditions written above, or for any reason we feel necessary. (Threats, harassment, etc.)
This contract supersedes all prior written or oral representation of Allstate Transport and constitutes the entire agreement between shipper and Allstate Transport and may not be changed except in writing signed by an officer of Allstate Transport